Thursday, September 30, 2010

Top 5 Favorite Books I've Read

In the past few years I've really gotten into read more books and having a variety to the different types of books. I'm sure there are a lot of great books out there but for me these are my top five favorite books I've read so far.
1. The Mediator by Meg Cabot
I'm currently reading the serious of this book and really enjoying it. The book is about a teenage girl who moves to California with her mom after she remarries Andy, her new step dad, but she has a secret that only her dead dad knows. She has the ability to talk to the dead. After meeting another mediator, she realises what her destiny in life is to do, help the ghost get from earth to heaven. But she is put to the test when she falls in love with a ghost who's been living in her new house for 150 years. This book is also somewhat easy for teenagers to relate to. Trying to fit in, relationships, and teaches you the best ways to sneak out of the house.
2. Go Ask Alice by Anonymous
This book I read the first time in grade eight, but highly suggest it to anyone who wants something real. This book is based on a diary of a young girl who's gets caught up in drugs and disobeying the people who love her. It all starts out harmlessly but quickly goes down hill. It shows what really can happen if you let peer pressure and drugs take over your life. Just as you think everything is gonna work out, its amazing how something from you past can come back and destroy your life. Recommended for anyone.
3. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Series
This book was one of my favorite books that I read in elementary school and after I was finished, I read the other three continuing books. The book has a lot to do with friendship, growing up issues, and how people can be different, but have so much in common. In some way I was able to relate to the problems they had to over come. It's a great book for any young teen to read.
4. Sweet Sixteen
Every girl dreams about having an absolutely perfect Sweet Sixteen party, and for this girl, she did, or at least she thought. After seeing what her family, friends, and strangers on the street really thought of her, she is able to forget about just herself and help the people around her. Its a perfect bad girl gone good, and its amazing to read about what she worried about in her own world, compared to what she was missing in the real world. Defiantly something to read and then make you think about.
5. Twilight
OK now before you jump to conclusions, I was into the whole Twilight thing before the big movies and posters and all the glitzy stuff. I first read it in grade six and immediately loved it. It has romance, suspense, and a vampire.  Although it is a big production now a days, it is defiantly a great book to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment